Monday, July 20, 2009

Allyson Bone





"My overarching goal when creating jewelry objects is to make sure they satisfy two criteria: to be beautiful from a distance and to be engaging when up close. The work I create is a balance of my desire to create something that is simple and also complex. I want my designs to appeal to a large audience, but I also want to reward those who are curious and investigate further. To accomplish this I include hidden details, some more secretive than others. Piercing the surface of the metal, I can create intricate surface patterns which often disguise the silhouettes of whimsical creatures. I have found that the process of hiding the iconic outline of a rabbit or a horse in a complicated pattern very gratifying, like keeping a secret." - Allyson Bone
To see more of her work go to http://www.allysonbone.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment