Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lissa Herschleb



"With little preconception of image, color or technique, I sit at my drawing table, pencil in hand summoning up a feeling to accompany an image to paint. I’ve come to believe that my motivation and inspiration come from the National Geographic Magazines that captivated me as a child in the late 50"s. I sat amazed by the photographs of what was beyond my small world…insects the color of eggs at Easter, men painted in ceremonial delight, even plants that seemed to be from other planets. It is not, though, just the imagery of the peoples but their resonance with Mother Earth that struck me. When my artistic skills developed to a degree that I could articulate through drawing and color, that wonder and feeling filtered through. My Paintings are dedicated to those whose compassion resonates with all creatures great and small and a planet that is all too close to losing all its’ precious diversity." - Lissa Herschleb

To see more of her work go to her website at http://www.lherschleb.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment