Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jane Adam



"Rather than exercising total control over the outcome, I work with the metal to create forms such as curves or cracks. Anodised aluminium offers unique opportunities for surface colour and texture, and I enjoy its structural limitations, finding myself forced to find original solutions to forming and assembling the work.
I am interested too in the mathematical order of organic forms. I begin with balanced geometrical proportions - though these will be stretched and distorted - and use sequences to create structures. The resulting jewellery comes alive when it then finds a wearer, forming a sensual relationship with her and becoming part of the expression of herself". - Jane Adam

You can see moreof her work at http://www.janeadam.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment