Monday, November 2, 2009

Elissa Farrow-Savos



"My work is about the nature of the “female condition,” at times specifically pointing to gender as the basis of social, political, and emotional injustices women as a whole have experienced, at other times drawing heavily on my own personal experiences and observations as a woman who has lived with illness, loss, marriage and motherhood. In my sculptures I explore these themes within western, eastern, Asian, and African cultures. Some of my pieces are a response to a specific newspaper or magazine article that has reported on some aspect of the treatment of women that touched a nerve for me. I sculpt each piece to ensure that viewers bear witness to these stories and emotions, literally giving them a face." - Elissa Farrow-Savos

To see more of her work go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment