Thursday, May 27, 2010

Ingrid Hendrix



"In my work, I use the human figure along with religious and animal imagery to explore the depths of human consciousness and its unconscious roots. These pieces transform from human to animal and from conscious to unconscious. I use the human body to convey the vulnerabilities that we all have in common and the animal aspects to show our instinctual nature. I try to reveal what lies underneath the surface of every human being. Frequently, I concentrate on the female form and the "Great Mother Archetype". I use her as a representation of all women. She is good and evil, nurturing and destructive, chaste and titillating. She contains many such dualities as does every woman and every human being." - Ingrid Hendrix

To see more of her ceramic work go to her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment